LAST WEEEEEKEND!
Monday, February 18, 2013 @ 1:37 am
Met up with some of the spardies on friday night for dinner. At the star vista! Hahhaha what's hilarious? They went into art friend with me and asked me to choose a farewell card for them to write in, and then give it to me. Ended up spending 1 hr in art friend because ziyuan and jenn were like comparing papers and their colours and envelope colours as well, after deciding on the ready made cards. Then they decided to just get plan paper and write. Then decorate it with a whole pack of cute stickers! (ZIYUAN'S IDEA, we all laugh at him for having handwriting of a 6 year old.
If you don't know, Sparda people were my 1st family in SP. From the fo camp in the year 2009. It's so heartening to know that we've all been so close for 4 years, even though we're doing different diplomas and have graduated. We still continue to meet up. :'( Oh btw, if you were thinking of eating at Boston seafood shack, it isn't very fantastic and its really not worth it to pay for fried food ONLY. No veggies/sides, just pure fried food (since we ordered seafood in a basket) & additional calamaris.
Star Vista has a really nice place for mass movie screening, I think if only the screen was slightly bigger for my poor eyes to see from a distance, it would have been perrrrrfecccct.
Snippets of friday coming up!
Thanks anita, jenn & ziyuan for arranging this meetup before I leave. I will be back lah ( stop saying 3 YEARS!?! in caps)
Saturday was spent at Peach Garden in the morning with my family for a combined birthday lunch for gran, daddy and audrey. Pricey dim sum, so I just ate a little to line my stomach, after that met ziling and we watched wedding diary 2! I got a chance to use my passioncard (hehehe, ziling was like: I give you chance to use your passioncard). So we got a special price of $9.50 each!
The movie was so-so, okay lor. It wasn't really funny and i didn't quite get the ending about the extra daughter and what not. The excitement comes after the movie. Theresa ended work at 6pm, and we WALKED. Yes we walked around the island. Walked to plaza from cineleisure (because initially theresa was supposed to end work at 5pm, but that martin was late lah!) So we ended up leaving ps around 6.10pm and walked to bugis+ (yes its possible to walk qiqing). For ziling to collect her cab fare from gelato. (I was an outcast again when there was a mini gelato reunion amongst the other girls). Then from bugis+, we walked towards farrer park, passing by say ma lou that temple, and then sim lim square there, passing by the verge, and we made a wrong direction towards little india instead of farrerpark, so we detoured and then walked again past mustafa and then finally at farrerpark, we found the correct exit towards rangoon road. Walked and walked to the Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh there, and HAD BAK KUT TEH, PIG INTESTINES, PIG TROTTERS AND TYE GUAN YIN TEA FOR DINNER. We are expert traditional chinese tea pourers now. Theresa is super happy that she managed to taste her first bowl of bak kut teh and that her blood isn't rusting after that. They kept refilling the soup, the hot peppery soup. IT WAS SO AWESOME.
Later after that, ziling turned down an offer to go clubbing and we walked from rangoon road to moulmein road and then reached balistier. Meaning we walked past the quality hotel and then along the roadside. Made a pitstop at the original herbal shop for a bowl of gui ling gao (which theresa couldn't eat, but ordered some beancurd gingko thingy anyway). Following that, we walked past balistier plaza and then made a turning at the home-team NS clubhouse and took the connecting whampo park connector BACK INTO TOA PAYOH. All along I thought that ziling was freaking kidding when she said we could walk back to tpy from where we were. But IT WAS SO POSSIBLE. #achievementunlocked!
Anyway, ziling stayed over till 8.15am, and after she left for work. I literally dragged myself back to MY OWN BED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH IT. I MISS MY OWN BED SMELL ALREADY. JUST BY TYPING THIS.
Sunday!
Bai nian at aunty foong yeen's before qiqing came over to our place to bai nian to mom. Headed over to twins' place to bai nian and HUAT AH. Sheena became a crazy rich asssss woman cause she kept winning our money and poor shermaine and qiqing had no more money to play with. I was laughing too much towards the end of the weekend (last few hours literally) because i really didn't want to go home so early. Cause that would mean the next time I see all my friends again in person would be the very day that I'm flying out/leaving! :'( Anyway, qiqing was kind enough to stay on with me till 11pm-ish? Before deciding we would leave together. She lost all the money (she won from me) for her cab fare back to NUS and she didn't even want to send me to amk station. She literally stopped before I crossed the road and said " I'm going to stand here", so i #solo lah. Walked to the bus stop ALONE hopped onto a 132 to take me back to amk stn before boarding the last train towards marina bay home.
Well, say goodbye to going home this late at night while I'm away in Adelaide. Singapore is so safe, even at night. Its something we all take for granted. Being able to come home past 1am, walking along the roads, even when its so quiet, and having nothing to fear at all (maybe just alittle, but usually unfounded for).
I'm going to try and wake up early in abouttttttt 6 hours maybe? If I can wake up, I'm gonna date gran for breakfast. I know she's gonna miss me because these few days she keep asking me, you going out ah, you going out ah. So tomorrow, while the mother is working (cause apparently she has finished packing her luggage), I will spend some quality time with gran. PLUS I'VE ALREADY REQUESTED FOR HER TO COOK HER CHICKEN RICE FOR DINNER TONIGHT BECAUSE ITS A CRAVING THAT I'M HAVING DEEP DOWN INSIDE OF ME. I'm going to spam my favourite condiment tomorrow night. (last homecooked meal before I fly).
Anyway, IF YOU'RE READING THIS POST. MEANS YOU HAVE THE LINK TO MY BLOGPOST AND POSSIBLY A WAY INTO MY OWN HEART AND STOMACH. I WILL SEE YOU AT THE AIRPORT ON 19TH FEB 2013 ARH! *WINK WINK*