dose of durianmania.
profile
CLARISSA




credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May.
A month
Friday, January 18, 2013 @ 2:01 pm
So, today is the 18th January 2013. Tomorrow it'll be the 19th. (DUHH) You have a calendar in front of you. It'll mean that I will have officially 4 weeks left in Singapore before I depart for a great 3 years in Adelaide. It seems so surreal, like 6 months back I was still telling myself, its still such a long time more before I depart anyway, so why should I feel like that.

Right now, I'm typing with utmost anxiety, and hope and with alot of mixed feelings. 4 weekends left in Singapore, surrounded by family and friends. In no time at all, I'll really have to get serious about packing, and about living apart and in a new country.

Its really comforting to know that everything has fallen into place so far, getting the opportunity to go abroad to study, just 3 years ago it was just a hope or a dream. Currently, it is about to happen. It won't be easy at all, but since I've already gotten so far, I'm just gonna keep going. It'll be fine ( I guess.)

4 weekends left, very precious. I'm going to make sure I spend each weekend with the people that really matter, and not just random people. Hahahha yes its all about being part of the circle *drawing circle in the end*. Doing things that I can strike off my list.

So this week, I heard about the passing of Aunty Betty, gran is also feeling sad. The people around her are "leaving" and she was just saying that they used to be this great clique that went out and talked and laughed and just hung out. Now out of this group, 2 are gone. (hard facts of life)

Hung out with sarah yesterday, catch up as they call it. Found out so many things that I didn't know. That sharing session just reminded me how quickly we're growing up and just how many things are happening in life right now.Been eating alot recently too.

Went to mama's house yesterday to learn how to make nian gao, and she shared with me many things that I'm not even sure if I should hear off. But she said I'm a big girl now, and I should know. She told me that even I'm not living with her, if she had a choice, she wouldn't send me overseas to study (same thing that dad) said. Talk about that huhhhhh. Anyway later this month I guess I'll learn how to make her signature *QIIII GUUUU* those crispy potato chip look-alike things.

Ranting now instead of doing anything productive on my envy. I wish I could find a silicon cover to protect the keyboard from all this dust!