In the eyes of a traveller
Saturday, April 28, 2012 @ 9:54 pm
Heeeellooo everybody.
This is my first blog post after coming back from Doha and Turkey.
Turkey is amazing.
There's so much rich history and the sights are amazing. The wonderful rock ruins of Ephesus City, and the place where you can see both the cross and Jesus and words from the Quran at the Hagia Sophia. The beautiful Iznic tiles in the Blue Mosque.
What was intriging was our stay in a Cave hotel. Many may wonder, how can electricity flow through the thick rock walls, they like drill holes and put in wires, and we had to take a 10 hour bus ride to Cappadocia in the middle of the night. That was really challenging, the journey started at 9pm at night till 7am the next morning. All bus. Luckily we arrived earlier by 2 hours, so checked into the hotel at 5am and had a rest until 10. For breakfast.
Pictures will tell you more.
On top of a hill, with beautiful flowers.
An illusion, in Hagia Sophia
The magic hole. Make a wish, and make sure your hand can go like one full round with all your fingers touching. Then your wish will come true.
Write your wish on some paper, and tie it. Outside Mother Mary's House in Ephesus
Our seaview from Grand Onder Hotel in Kusadasi.
Pammul (Cotton) Kale (Castle)
Eirene & Olivia!
The valleys, and I'm holding a camel head!
Gran in our Cave Hotel Room. Its awesomely cool! There's a huge heater in case we get cold. AND THERE'S WIFI IN THIS ROCK WALL. This is my caveeee.
Kaymakli Underground City with my cousins
Managed to have advance Birthday celebration for Olivia before my flight back to Singapore! Her birthday's on mondayyyyy.
During my 2 week trip, I got adjusted to left hand drives, and automated hand towel dispensers and really clean toilets. Dry weather and mineral water. I've gotten a chance to know my cousins more, and when I departed doha, I received I MISS YOU notes from Michelle & Eirene. I start work at NUH as PSA on Monday, thats really fast. I miss my cousins and my holiday. Can't wait till they come back for their summer break in July! Thats when I end work, maybe go Malaysia and stay!:):):) July 20th! I END WORK.
So funny, I haven't even started yet.