Wednesday, May 12, 2010 @ 10:27 pm
I'm confidant that I'll sleep really well tonight. The outside is rumbling, I mean thunder, and I'm at home already. Typing this post.
What I heard today, really shocked me. At this era and age, there are still traditional families that only allow matchmaking. The girl isn't allowed to have a boyfriend, because her husband will be chosen for her. Her parents are really strict with her, she has to message her mother when she arrives in school. Her mother keeps track of her everywhere she goes, Like as if she has a tracking device placed on her daughter like that.
I think this is really an extreme case. and its really sad.
But then again, it is a tradition, meaning that if its lost. We won't ever know that that is happening.
Sometimes, pushing the girl too hard, will push her to get a boyfriend, and go against her parents' wishes. Its got REBELLION. I think I'll also do that lor.
Tomorrow is the holy day of obligation. Concessions will be made. Because our friends have to go to mass. We will be understanding, after all, its a religion that they believe in right? We will continue with the celebration, but nearer to home, and also we will still be able to celebrate dear sqq's birthday. see you all tmrw!