dose of durianmania.
profile
CLARISSA




credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May.
Super Tiring Saturday
Sunday, July 26, 2009 @ 11:32 am
HELLO! I'm back. Yesterday was a super tiring day. I woke up at 0600 Hrs for a hike to the Bukit Timah Hill. I guessed that was a great walk. The beginning was so steep, plus it was so difficult to walk up along, you had to literlly stop and walk, and pant.
I perspired alot! So i guess that was a great walk! Anyways, we reached the summit around 0830, cause we started around 8. Its quite fast actually, its like if you're talking. Suddenly you're already up there.

Went for breakfast at the Bukit Timah Hawker Center I guess? Then came home by bus. GOSH, and to think I'm on train concession. I wasted a hefty amount on bus trips in just a day. I fell asleep on the bus after a conversation with angela.She claimed there was no way to get to Suntec by foot. She insisted on me taking a train to DG and then a bus to Suntec. She was afraid I'll get lost. OH COME ON! Thanks for your concern, but there is something called a CITY LINK dear! So thats the way that we went to Marina Square yesterday. She finally relented and took a train to City Hall with me. From there onwards, there were many people dressed in red to guide us.

WELL SHE WAS SO GRRRR.... Made me meet her at 2pm, for what? So she could be a mature daughter, and not make her father make wasted trips.GOOD GIRL ANGELA. Then we went to HMV and walked around Marina Square. The air con is so cold there! We passed by HANS and deliberated as in whether we should go in for late lunch. Decided against it, but had it for dinner instead.

3.45PM
We decided to be like a typical bunch of singaporeans, we went there to queue early for good seats. We had to pass through a stage of those huge thermometers. Not that huge really, just visibly larger than those we use, thats all. Thats what I called the "cooling" station. There were large fans and stuff inside that tentage. Then we headed to the BLUE area, cause thats where we were allocated. Then queued for the bags. I actually wanted a red bag, but they didn't have any, so I just took any bag that they gave out. After all there was a huge sign that says we couldn't choose the colours for the funpack. I got dark green, Angela got light green. What to do? So coincidence! Changed the pack covers!

We sat nearer to the back, I sat this to this super cute girl. She could read almost everything that came out on the words! I was impressed, we sat in the sun for 2 hours, from 4pm -6pm, before it finally became cooler. The show was a blast! Very exciting, and it was great to sing all those past year ndp songs! I remember so many of them, back then from primary school, they always had a singing session every monday when it was near NDP!

Then WOW, THE 10 CHAPTERS, were quite different from the past years. It seems that this time, the performances and dances were really energizing and refreshing new steps and moves! Like from a younger team or something. OH OH OH. There was also a stimulated "ministers'" arrival. They used like probably NS guys. THEN THERE WAS THIS GUY, WHO REPRESENTED THE PRIME MINISTER. HAHAHA, we were talking about it. Both of us found him quite cute! HAHA! Young man= stimulated Singapore Prime Minister!

ANGELA brought 2 cameras! So she captured most of the nicer shots, so credits will go to her!
OKAY, and then the whole event lasted till 8.30pm, and then the fireworks display was amazing. It was SPECTACULAR. If I'm not wrong, i saw heart shaped ones as well. Then it was just like bursting into the clear dark night skies. Seriously beautiful.

I LOVE NDP 2009! THANK YOU ANGELA KWOK FOR TAKING ME WITH YOU.
THANK YOU ANGELA'S FRIEND FOR GIVING HER THE TICKETS!
YAY, I HAD A MEMORABLE DAY AND I WANT TO GO FOR MORE NDPs TO COME!

I will upload pictures soon for all to see! :)