dose of durianmania.
profile
CLARISSA




credits
This blogskin is proudly presented to you by Anna May.
Qing Ming in Malaysia, Malaysia GP 2009
Sunday, April 05, 2009 @ 8:54 pm
Woke up at 5am this morning to make sure that we would leave the house by 6am to go to JB for the Qing Ming. In Malaysia, the Qing Ming affair, is probably something like CNY, where relatvies and family members all gather to go to the tombs of their ancestors. It is quite commendable, everyone, young or old would gather together regardless of other appointments just to go back to the tombstones and visit their ancestors.

Today, we went back to JB for the first time, for Qing Ming. I'm actually quite surprised that the graves there are so colourful and nice. It is really well taken care of with like different sorts of customization made to each grave. Some choose to plant papaya trees next to the graves for mere identification purposes. While others, just locate the grave with a generic landmark like near the BIG TREE. It is situated on a gentle hill, with "residents" almost filling up every level.

Uncle Mun Woh, said that he went to the grave earlier last week, to repaint the lions "guarding" the tombstone. So much so, even the eyes were repainted! It goes to show, how so important this festival of Qing Ming is. Fire Crackers were used before and after and seriously. This was the first time in my life, that I've been so close to fire crackers, and it was really loud. This was indeed a refreshing experience in Malaysia!

After visiting the tomb, the entire family gathered for lunch at the near by coffeeshop for good Bak Kut Teh, Fresh fish, and lots of nutritious food. Fast and fabulous! Then headed back to Aunty Sao's place to chit chat.

Managed to get back home in time to watch the F1 on cable. It was an exciting race alright! I mean, Rosberg had terrific skills! That led him to become the leading men, in like the first few laps and all that. Then again there was like sudden rain. Then I just realized how comical Mark Webber was. Supposedly he was like the "union" of all F1 drivers. With 24 laps to go, there was sudden heavy rain, and then the red flag was waved cause many drivers and their cars kinda skidded. Hamilton, Buemi, Fischella and a few others. Ah! I know Kubica's car caught fire in the early laps of the race. Plus, Kimi said that his tyres were completely destroyed. It was already like 6 plus, and then they wanted to restart the race around 6.45pm, but it was just too heavy to do so.

So the final positions and points, were given according to how they stopped. In order, Button,Heidfield ( who only had like 1 stop! Compared to the others with an average of 3 stops! Fantastic isn't he?), and I think 3rd, Timo Glock.

Hamilton wasn't too bad himself! Moved up from 12th to 6th! Thats great! Massa too, though I'm not a fond fan of his! I think this Malaysian GP is like the most exciting one ever! I have never witnessed a race, being stopped in the middle, and never being able to continue as well!