Superstar Libra- Cruise Holiday
Sunday, November 23, 2008 @ 11:59 pm
I'm back from the 4 days trip on SS Libra. Left Singapore at 6pm on the 19 Nov. Seriously, I think that the only people that go on board the Cruise are like the really old and the really young.
I mean, during boarding I seriously felt so out of place. The young ones were running around and the really old ones had like difficulty walking
So I arrived in the afternoon, because my dad said we could board the ship first and walk around. Sadly after doing so, we realized we couldn't do anything like that because they collected our passports and we were grounded to the ship.
So we checked into our cabins instead, and we had a sea view-sorta. I found my bed quite comfortable. The cabin was quite small and the shower was even smaller. You couldn't even like move around in the toilet comfortably. The toilet had a horrible suction sound, akin to the ones in the aeroplane toilet that goes SUUUUCCCCCKKKK. They made alot of noise.Can you imagine it?
HORRID, definitely not music to my ears.
Another thing, I think this is really true. I once heard that you'll put on weight when you go on Cruises, and its so correct. Simply because you are provided with 4 meals a day on board a cruise. So since you're on holiday mood, you really do nothing but eat and eat the entire day.
There were different dining choices. The intercontinental dining, where you sit down and get served. Where you start eating from salads to soups to main course and dessert.
There is also chinese food, and buffet style. I really ate until I couldn't eat anymore. THE FOOD WAS SIMPLY DELICIOUS!
Port Klang- we had to wake up at 6:00AM on Thursday morning and went on a tour around KL. Went to the Independent Square, and the KL Tower and did a bit of shopping. The shopping centres in KL were so much bigger than that in Singapore and more varieties too!
Penang- FOOD!
Penang Laksa, Penang Char Kway Teow( THE BEST!), Chee Cheong Fun, Carrot Cake and CHENDOL!
The service standards were really good on board, I guess its the only place where I felt like a Queen, I was called like madame so many times! I felt so grand! The crew was so friendly and simply like AWESOME! I miss the relaxy mode and all that. The fresh sea breeze and the clear dark blue waters.